The Last Two Weeks Have Been a Grind

Well, in all honesty, 2020 up until this point has been a grind. So many things are happening, and trying to deal with and take it all in is incredibly exhausting. On top of all of that, we all still have to live our lives.

I don’t know about you, but I struggle with trying to figure out the best way to do that given the current environment. I live in a pretty sheltered part of the world, but I still get the news and feel everything on an incredibly deep level.

I wonder what’s the point of getting up in the morning and going to work.

I question what it all means.

I feel betrayed and saddened by certain members of the human race.

At the same time, I still have responsibilities and bills to pay. I have two boys who need to be taken care. I was so excited when school finally ended and summer began because I thought things would get easier.

Sure, I no longer have to worry about my work and their work, but now they often get bored. The weather has been unbearably hot, and none of our public pools are open, so they ask to go down to the river. Reluctantly I agree, if only because I know I have to give myself a break and get some fresh air.

Times are not simple.

Things are not getting easier.

There are more questions than answers about what is going on with the world.

I spend a lot of time shaking my head and being confused. It can be hard to get out of bed in the morning and follow my daily routine. Some days it just feels wrong, but I have to do something.

This world needs to change. There’s no longer a question about that. It has already, in so many ways, but more is needed. The process is grueling, challenging, and exhausting, but nothing worth doing ever comes easy.

The last two weeks have been a grind, but I’ve made it through. Some days, I just have to go through the motions, but it gets me ever closer to my destination.

I know the rest of the world can relate to my mental, emotional, spiritual, and physical exhaustion. But we all keep moving forward and doing what we have to do to get where we need to be.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)