The World Has Knocked Me Down

Hello, friends.

You may or may not have noticed that I haven’t been posting for a while. Last year took a huge emotional, physical, and spiritual toll on me. Dealing with three deaths and a divorce pretty much sent me over the edge. Most days, it was all I could do to pull my carcass out of bed. I had no energy to write. I just needed to disappear.

So I did. In a variety of different ways.

Not only did I stop blogging, but I also disappeared from social media. It started with my Twitter account, then eventually I got off Facebook. I just…couldn’t take it anymore.

I don’t want to get into the dirty details of it, but just know that I’ve been taking a hard look at my life and trying to figure things out. It hasn’t been easy. I’ve had to face some harsh truths about myself and the world, and there are things about me and my life that I’m trying to improve.

All of this is in addition to the anxiety and other mental struggles I’ve been dealing with for the past 2.5 years after moving to Nebraska. With the recent pandemic, things aren’t exactly on an upward swing.

But I’m trying to take some steps.

One of the decisions I came to during this time is that I’m done trying to make money off my books. It wasn’t a super lucrative endeavor in the first place, and I only feel frustrated and like a failure when I check my sales stats.

Looking back at my historical information on Amazon, I always did really well when I gave my books away. Thus, I’m going to offer my stories for free on Wattpad. My paperbacks will still be available for sale on Amazon, but you’ll be able to read the electronic versions free of charge.

I will be uploading the stories individually, and I’ve started with The Appeal of Evil.

As I’ve been uploading the chapters, I have to say that I don’t hate the story. There are some parts that I really like, and I remember how much fun it was to write. I hope that readers will find the same enjoyment reading the story as I did writing it.

By the end of the month, I hope to start uploading my Saving Humanity series. The first two, Humanity’s Hope and Edge of Humanity, are done. I have the next two books, Finding Humanity and Losing Humanity, edited and ready to go, but I’ve been sitting on them for a year. I finished them right about the time I lost my mind.

I now feel ready to share them with the world. There will be at least one more book in the series, and it’s been started, but I don’t know if I’ll have the energy to finish it any time soon.

Right now, I’m just trying to take some small steps to figure out if this is where I really want to be.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)