We’re ringing in the New Year with lots of giveaways and by sharing some fun and wacky facts about ourselves. There’s a new giveaway at each stop, so be sure to visit them all!
Hello, my name is Pembroke, and here are some things wacky things you may or may not know about me:
1. I am an incredibly picky eater. I’m getting a little better as I get older, but not much. I can’t even eat tri-colored chips. I know they all taste the same, but in my mind, the red, blue, and green ones are different. They have to be yellow or white or I won’t eat them.
2. Gremlins scared the ever-living crap out of me when I was a kid. I swear they were living under my bed and were waiting to kill me in my sleep.
3. I have a ridiculously overactive imagination, which serves me well as a writer, but also causes a lot of undue worry and stress.
4. I have an unnatural fear of bats. When I was a kid, we would go back to Iowa to visit family, and they have a ton of bats back there. My grandparents would buy my siblings and me sparklers to light in the yard, but then my grandma would tell us that because we were blond, a bat was going to get tangled in our hair and bite our heads. Scared the crap out of me!
I know my fear is unnatural, so if given the opportunity, I would hold one of the winged creatures (in a controlled environment, of course) just to see if I can overcome it.
5. I’m deathly afraid of badgers and wolverines. I’ve only seen one badger in my life, but they freak me out! If given the chance, I probably would not hold one of those to overcome my fear.
For everyone who comments on my blog (please leave your email address so I can contact you if you’re a winner), I will enter them into a drawing to giveaway print copies of The Road to Salvation Series, open to U.S. shipping only, which includes three books—The Appeal of Evil, Dealing with Devils, and Good Intentions.
Thanks for stopping by!