Ugh!

Last week was rough.  The cold I'd been fighting for weeks finally kicked my butt and laid me out.  I spent two days in bed wanting someone to smother me.  It was awful.  But now, I'm finally starting to feel "normal" again.  That makes me so happy.

Being sick sucks, as many of you can attest.  Not only do I feel like hell warmed over, but it gives the voices in my head the chance to speak up--not the good voices, the ones who tell me stories, but the ones who try to bring me down.  So, not only was I sick, but self doubt crept in and I questioned if I was doing the right thing by writing.  I asked myself if I was just wasting my time.  After all, I was never going to be any good.  Only a small fraction of the population buys and reads my books.

You know what I did?  I told them to shut the hell up.  I told them I was doing what I wanted to do because I enjoyed doing it, and as long as it makes me happy, that's all that matters.  Besides, over the weekend, I received an awesome review from a fan, along with a review request for Undead Obsessed, and that totally lifted my spirits.  And my book manager told me Sunday night that The Appeal of Evil sold 12 copies over the weekend.

Take THAT voices in my head!

I'm looking forward to this week being amazing.  The boys are on Spring Break--and I'm totally jealous--and they'll be spending time with their grandma.  They are totally ready for the break.  I don't blame them one bit.  I would take one if I had the chance.  I'm going to continue to work on my grandfather-in-law's biography, and doing what makes me happy--writing.

I hope the rest of you have an amazing week also!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)