I Switched My Schedule…And Lost My Mind

With the kids being gone on the weekend, I thought: this is the perfect time for me to get my work done. The house will be quiet, I won’t have to interrupt my workflow to get them from school, and it will give me something to do. Plus, taking off days during the week will allow me to run errands. It was a win-win.

The process of switching meant I had to work 10 days straight, and this turned out to be exhausting. I was also in contact with a new editor, and they asked me to write some test articles. I had 24 hours to get them done, but I finished them way before the deadline.

The next day, I got on my email to check something and noticed my message—and my articles—hadn’t gone through. Cursing under my breath, I resent with an apology. A few days later, I received edits, which I was more than happy to do, and I sent those off. I then got another email. I had edited the wrong article.


 Nothing like making a great first impression. 


There’s a reason why people get stuck in ruts and enjoy their schedule: because it’s comfortable. Our bodies and brains get used to doing the same thing day in and day out, and it becomes automatic and keeps us focused. When we change our schedule, we have an increased chance of making mistakes. This can be stressful. It makes change hard.

I know in time I’ll get used to my new schedule and be able to focus on my work. I just don’t know if I’ll be working for that particular editor when that happens.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)