Trapped in a Fog


Photo by Pedro Figueras from Pexels

The past few weeks have been incredibly challenging. There’s been some changes and some issues with family members and their health, so worry and the unknown have dominated my thoughts. Last weekend, out of the blue, I had a panic attack while partaking in a fundraising event. It was the first time in a while that I’ve had one of those.

I haven’t been sleeping well, which has left me extremely exhausted. I jumped on the elliptical the other day because it was too cold to go for a walk, and it almost took me out. My legs were sore, I was panting, and sweat just dripped down me. Now, I realize that’s the goal of working out, but it took a lot less time for me to get to that point than it normally does.

Because I haven’t been sleeping well, I’ve had no motivation to do much of anything. My house is a bit of a mess, I haven’t written like I’ve wanted to, and my reading has fallen by the wayside. In addition, I feel like I’m trapped in a fog. My brain feels fuzzy and thoughts are hard to complete. Frustration comes easily.

I’m aware that it may be a touch of depression, so I’ve been doing what I can to reduce it so that it doesn’t take over. Besides the change and concern about family members, I have come to some other revelations about my life. Things that I’m not sure what to do with quite yet, so I’ve been doing a lot of thinking and considering and weighing of options. That isn’t super easy when my brain is trapped in a fog.

Of course, it’s also possible that my brain is fuzzy because of the lack of sleep. My biggest concern at this point is taking care of me and getting rest where I can. If you don’t see me floating around as much as normal, that’s because I’m doing what needs to be done to take care of me.

Have no fear, I will be back when I’ve gotten my sh*t together.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)