What Would You Do?

A few weekends ago, my spouse was watching a show on Netflix called The Fastest Car. I didn’t catch all of the episodes, but I caught a few.

In essence, the show is about owners of supercars (Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Vipers, etc.) racing against sleeper cars. Each driver gets an introduction and tells the world about their life and their car. As you can imagine, there are a lot of hard luck stories.

While watching the show, I really wanted to hate the supercar owners. I was convinced they were going to be pompous, condescending, and self-absorbed. And some of them were. But some of the sleeper car owners weren’t perfect examples of humanity either. Both groups were human. They had their good qualities and their flaws, and that made the show interesting to watch.

There was one episode in particular (Episode 4: The King of the World) that I really wanted to dislike the supercar owner. He was a lawyer with a Lamborghini Aventador that had been painted chrome. He was eccentric and had a pretty little thing that hung out of his car while they drove around.

But as I watched the episode, I had a realization.

Sure, the guy was loud and flashy and outspoken. He was eccentric and his car could blind people if the sun hit it in just the right way. But at the same time, he knew exactly what he wanted out of life and went after his dreams. He knew it would take hard work and dedication, and he didn’t shy away from the task. Once he became a success, he used his rewards (the money) to buy the things that made him happy. In addition to his car, he had a bunch of specially made outfits that fit his personality and style. His car and his wardrobe were his art.

While listening to the guy talk, I thought about what I would do if I had the opportunity and money that he had. There’s no doubt in my mind I would do the same things he did. I would find those things that made me happy and buy them—although it probably wouldn’t be a chromed-out car, but it’s possible I would have a special paint job on my vehicle. More than likely, I would spend my money to travel the country to go to horror conventions and conferences. I guarantee you I would have specially made clothes—shoes especially. I would be just as eccentric as he is.

If I didn’t have to worry about money but had it to spend, I would definitely live my life to the fullest. I would do the things that made me happy and be the rich weirdo people look at sideways with lips pursed. I think most of us would act like that if given the chance.


If you didn’t have to worry about money but had it to spend, what would you do with it? 
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)