Taming Darkness by Kat Daemon‏


Kat Daemon grew up in New York where her imagination always seemed to get the best of her. When she’s not hanging with demons, she’s usually armed with a strong cup of coffee and dreaming up her next tormented character.

You can find out more about Kat and her books at www.katdaemon.com
https://www.facebook.com/kat.daemon.1
http://www.pinterest.com/katdaemon/
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7383307.Kat_Daemon


Since he was sentenced to earth eons ago, Lucifer has always lived by three simple rules: Humans are toys that are meant to be played with, love is a useless emotion, and the only creature worth fighting for is himself. To him, nothing matters but his own enjoyment, whether it be manipulating those around him, or indulging in the sins of the flesh with Lilith.

Then he found young, sweet, and innocent, Maria, who is everything that Lucifer detests. She has devoted her life to her one true love, God. Unable to resist a challenge, Lucifer sets his sights on tempting Maria away from his enemy. Disguising himself as Lucas Starr, he creates a world that not even Maria can resist. He never planned on having the tables turned on him.

Imagine Lucifer’s surprise when Maria brings him to his knees and shows him a glimpse of heaven once more. Blinded by his arrogance and an unlikely vision, Lucifer falls again, this time forgetting that some lines should never be crossed. When his greatest opponent, Michael, shows up, all Hell breaks loose.

Will Maria be able to accept Lucifer for who he truly is, or realize what Michael already knows: some destinies can never be changed?


Available at Amazon BN iTunes

Q) What inspired you to write this story? 
I’ve always had a fascination with angels and demons, and I wanted to write a story where despite being aware of how vile he is, you still root for the villain.

Q) How long did it take you to write? 
This was actually the fastest novel I have ever written. I wrote the first draft in about two months. I then edited for about three months. I usually spend a year just writing the first draft, but this novel is relatively short in comparison to my other works.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing? 
When the characters are having a spontaneous conversation in my head, and they are talking faster than I can type. That’s when I know it’s going to be a fantastic scene, because it feels in that moment they are alive and telling the story, not me.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing? 
I love my editor, but I hate editing. In the end it always improves the book, but I agonize over it.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why? 
What a difficult question to answer! I would love to get into the head of J.K. Rowling. I know as a writer that must sound so cliche, but she is a genius, and such a strong inspiring woman. I’d want to be her when she was in the heart of writing her series, maybe around book five or six, to see how her writing process was. Her work changed the world, in an age where technology ruled, she brought children (and adults) back to the joy of reading. Just as we read Dickens, Poe, and Carroll, readers will be enthralled by the adventures of Harry Potter centuries from now. Of that I have no doubt.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it? 
I have wrapped chocolates from the hotel we stayed at in Disney two years ago. We have no intention of eating them, but it reminds us of what a great time we had. That and I’m too lazy to clean my fridge.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future? 
Well, Taming Darkness, is only the first book in the Darkness saga, so there is so much more of the story that needs to be told. Readers can expect the sequel, Killing Darkness, to be out in the Fall. I’m currently working on a fairy tale retelling, a horror story that will be part of a Haunted House anthology, and I have other stories out on submission as well. I’m a busy girl!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)