Dark Souls by Ketley Allison‏


Ketley Allison is a twenty-something (maybe almost thirty-something) author who believes that supernatural love shouldn't stop at eighteen. She began her career by writing books as birthday presents for her friends (with her friend as the main character and opposite a super sexy lead, of course) before ending it in order to walk down a path she thought she was supposed to follow.

The writing bug never left her--and, in fact, would often bleed into the official papers she was supposed to write--so now Ketley's putting down her suit and finally following her dream. While her friends are no longer the stars of her books, she still throws in bits and pieces of them into each and every one of her characters.

As a result, her books tend to focus a lot on friendships as well as love, because let's be honest, friends are what really get you through--especially when your epic love turns into epic heartbreak.

Web/Blog
Twitter: @KetleyAllison
Facebook
Goodreads


19-year-old Emily desperately wants a name for what she is. For what is consuming and torturing her. For what is changing her.

But she’s not crazy like her mother. She’s not.

Emily may not be as crazy as she thinks, because her body is no longer her own. Something is stirring inside her. It is soft, seductive, and tells her what to do to survive. As Emily learns that her world has been infected by demons that consume human souls and fit seamlessly into the bodies they empty, she must also accept that she is one of them. Yet, she is different from the rest, because her darkness didn’t inhabit her, it was awakened. And it doesn’t just want the humans.

Amazon
BN 
Smashwords

#1 What inspired you to write this story?
This story has been in my head for a long time. Like, almost fifteen years kinda long! I started playing around with it when I was fourteen, because I loved reading paranormal novels and wanted to try writing one. Then life happened, and I set it on the backburner until this year when I finally went for it. A lot of things inspired me, but I'd have to say the paranormal genre itself is what really gave me passion. I loved the idea of other worlds, of teens with powers, of the underdog--all of it! I also loved diving into the darker aspects of these worlds. The idea of someone acquiring power, but writing it from the perspective of an evil power, was really intriguing to me. Thus, Dark Souls was born!

#2 How long did it take you to write?
To actually write the first draft, it took me three weeks--not including the years of it simmering in my head, though! The revision process took much longer, about six months. I had a critique partner help me smooth out the story, and I also had it edited to make sure the book was as professional as possible.

#3 What is your favorite thing about writing?
Diving into different worlds! I love how when I type, I see everything in my head like a movie. It all plays out, and I just go into this fugue state and type. I know I have a good scene when I completely disappear. Three hours go by and I don't even realize!

#4 What is your least favorite part about writing?
Hitting those walls. Sometimes I just don't know what to write. I sit in front of my computer, my fingers hovering over the keys, and I just...have no idea. It's frustrating, to say the least. But usually time cures it. I have to talk myself into walking away and giving it a day or two. But usually once I come back, it's all fresh again and I can dive into the next scene.

#5 If you could be any famous person for one day, who would it be and why?
Oh, tough call! There are many to choose from...but right now, I'd go with Nina Dobrev, who plays Elena in the Vampire Diaries. Not only is she gorgeous with an awesome career, but she also seems like the nicest person. I follow her on twitter, and you can tell she really appreciates her fans. Oh, and she's Canadian! I do so love my fellow canucks who make it in Hollywood.

#6 What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
This is quite possibly the most creative question I've ever been asked. And strangely, I have an immediate answer! Hot sauce. It has to be my hot sauce, because I only use the tiniest amount. I have such a love/hate relationship with it. But the good news is, it's probably the one fridge item that could survive a nuclear attack, so I could probably use it for years! (I don't though, don't worry).

#7 What can readers expect from you in the future?
A completed series of Dark Souls, for sure! I also have a ton of ideas for other series in the paranormal/urban fantasy genre. I have this little notebook with a ton of random sentences (if the world ended and a new generation found this notebook, they'd probably think our society was insane, with all the nonsensical gibberish I scribble down). But those sentences will ultimately turn into novels. I never want to stop writing. I love it so much, especially this genre.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)