Seeing Ghosts by James Garcia Jr.


James Garcia Jr. was born in the Central California town of Hanford. He moved up the road to Kingsburg with his family as a child. After graduating KHS, he attended Reedley College where he met his wife. They, along with their teenage sons, still make their home in Kingsburg which is also the setting of James’ vampire series. Dance on Fire was published in 2010 and its sequel Flash Point was published Halloween 2012. His third book entitled, Seeing Ghosts, a stand-alone paranormal romance is set for a June 2013 release.

James is an Administrative Supervisor for Sun-Maid Growers of California.

Facebook
Twitter
Blog
Goodreads
Google +
Linked In


Paul Herrera finds himself bequeathed a mysterious old house near the California central coast by a deceased aunt he never knew. The woman who shows it to him is the spitting image of his wife, taken from him three years before in a senseless car accident which also took his unborn son.

While he deals with the ghosts of a past he cannot let go, there are new ghosts Paul must deal with - alone for the week in the expansive two-story house that he will soon discover holds many secrets.

Eventually, he will see that he is surrounded by ghosts as he struggles to hold onto the only thing that he has left in this world - his sanity.

Q) What inspired you to write this story?
A) Hi, Pembroke. Thanks for this opportunity to share with your audience. Since growing up with Jay Anson’s landmark work, The Amityville Horror, I have always been intrigued by haunted house stories. We can debate whether Anson’s account is an elaborate hoax or not, and it very well may be; however, it definitely is one of the most frightening stories that one can ever read. I have always wanted to try my hand at one, but wanted to wait until I thought I had something that really excited me. Next, I love heard rock power ballads and good tear-jerker films. Once I realized that I could put these ingredients together, the story really began to write itself. 

Q) How long did it take you to write?
A) Start to finish it only took a year. I have an eleven hour day job, so it isn’t easy to find the time necessary to dedicate to writing projects. On the other hand it was only in the 70k territory, unlike my two vampire books that were well over 100k.  

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
A) My favorite thing about telling these stories is the fact that I am creating something out of nothing and getting amazing responses from them. It doesn’t get much better than that.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
A) The least favorite thing would be the promotion. The writing community has been great – so encouraging and supportive - so the part about meeting new people is a wonderful perk. It just isn’t a lot of fun trying to sell oneself all the time. What makes you want to quit isn’t the thought that the writing isn’t good enough, but that the competition is so stiff. There are literally hundreds of thousands of books out there, vying for the attention of the reading masses.  

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
Hmm? That’s a tough one. My first thought was a desire to be a famous author like Stephen King or someone else that I grew up with who helped to shape the writer I am today. I would want to be them in order to see what it would look like to finally “make it”. Yet, it wouldn’t be my dream, would it? It wouldn’t be my path. We need to experience our own road, wherever it may take us. 

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
*laughs* God, really? Thankfully there isn’t anything that old in there. I’ve cleaned out my share of refrigerators and that old stuff isn’t pretty. I’m sure it’s a jar of peanut butter or jelly or something like that. Yuck! Now I’m worried. Lol!  

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?

A) Truthfully, I’m not sure as of yet. I’m hoping to heavily promote Seeing Ghosts for the remainder of this year before deciding what’s next. I have book three in my crossover vampire series that people have been asking me about. I could do that. However, I have been very pleased with how well this paranormal romance turned out and may want to try another. I also have a serial killer story with a heavy twist that I want to work on at some future point. Although I only take on writing projects every year and a half or so, my mind is always working story ideas. It rarely rests. I’m sure that I’ll be itching to start something before this year is over. We’ll see.

Giveaway is one Kindle ebook copy per stop.

Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)