Dragon's Thief by Susan Lute‏


Susan Lute is first and foremost a wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend, dreamer, and author. She is traditionally and Indie published in contemporary romance, women's fiction, and and paranormal/fantasy romance.

Her debut novel, Oops…We’re Married? has sold over 130,000 copies, was a Reader’s Choice nominee and Holt Medallion Finalist. Things you should know - she was born the oldest child of a military family; she's traveled far, but has never been to Hawaii, Paris, or Crete, an omission she hopes to correct soon; her favorite places in the whole world are New York City, Sedona (Arizona), Ouray (Colorado), and Bath (England).

Currently she is working on the second novel in her Dragonkind Chronicles, and dreaming up a new urban fantasy.

website
See Jane Publish
facebook
Goodreads


From the Dragonkind Chronicles – the battle is just beginning...

In a post -apocalyptic world where Darwin changelings emerge from hiding and humans struggle to reclaim their former glory, mercenary Logan Pen doesn’t want to save the world. His mission is to protect his greatest treasure - his family. That is until he tries to capture a shadow thief. Beyla, a beguiling, emotionless Umbra steals his telein - a talisman forged at his birth while escaping his grasp, making her by ancient dragon law his mate. 

Her enemy - a fiery Naga - and the talisman she’s stolen from him rouse emotions Beyla has spent three long years in the land of shadows stripping away. Still she hasn’t been able to banish the grief and pain left by the murder of her human family.

Fighting a desire that flames out of their control, and scrambling to save humanity and their own kind, Logan and Beyla are forced to join forces to keep a weapon of incredible destructive power out of the hands of the man who would use it to conquer their world. With evil on the brink of victory, only through sacrifice do they learn to trust and embrace the love that will change them forever.


Thanks Pembroke, for having me!


Q) What inspired you to write this story?
A) Some may have hear this story, lol, but after a hard year of rejections...this was awhile back...I was crying in my beer (so to speak) and asking everyone who would listen, “How is a writer supposed to know how and where her voice fits into the publishing world?” I was already publish with Silhouette, but in a dry spell, you know? My agent got manuscripts read, but no takers. So one day I lost it. I decided the only way to figure out where my voice fit the best was to take my favorite heroine (a thief), my favorite hero (a drop dead gorgeous mercenary) and have them meet in the one place I'd never written, but always want to (a disreputable bar). And I decided to write this explosive meet in several different genres. Historical. Young Adult. Cozy Mystery. Paranormal. Not contemporary, because I'd just finished the first three chapters of a contemp, so we already had that sample. Only in that way would I be able to see and feel which one felt most natural. My writing buddies would be the judges. I picked paranormal to begin with, since I was quite certain, that genre wasn't The One, though I really love reading paranormals. I got on a plane bound for a long weekend with the Mr., started writing, and couldn't stop. Never did get to the other genres.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
A) Eight months. For eight months I ate and breathed dragons. I still do :)

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
A) For The Dragonkind Chronicles especially, there are no rules but the ones I make up. I love discovering the characters. I love, love, love infusing a bit of unknown history into the story...I just noticed...do you see that story is the last bit of history?

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
A) My lack of time management. There is so much more that goes into writing a novel these days than telling the story. Especially if you're Indie published. But it's all good, and I actually like the challenge.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
A) Professor McGonagall. She always knows where she stands, and what her place is in her world...to protect her students against tremendous odds...to fight evil to her last breath. The scene in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, where she has her arms in the air, her wand waving, and she calls the statue guards to fulfill their purpose and protect Hogwarts; she says with a little giggle, “I've always wanted to use that spell!” That's me. I've ALWAYS wanted to use that spell.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
A) Ummmm...do I HAVE to answer that question?

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
A) They can expect me to still be here. The last author standing will be me :) In the meantime, I'm working on Book II of The Dragonkind Chronicles, Dragon's Keeper. There are five books all together and a novella for Daniel and Abigayle. There is a series of five urban fantasy books in my future, set in the troubled times just around the corner. And a series of novellas set in Las Vegas. That's an idea that's still taking shape.

If readers signup for Susan’s newsletter she will put them in a drawing for a copy of Dragon’s Thief in whatever format they want- one to be given away at each tour stop.

Must leave a comment on the blog where they read about the giveaway

Newsletter address is: http://www.susanlute.com/newsletter.htm
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)