Down in the Dumps? Nah!

Yesterday, it occurred to me that I should be falling into depression.  I've been sending out queries for my YA paranormal novel and not getting any feedback.  I haven't received one request for a partial.  I HATE the querying process and it causes me a lot of stress, but this time I decided I wasn't going to let it get me down.

I want nothing more than to become a world-famous author with millions of people reading my books.  One of the only ways I'm going to get that is through exposure.  If I had an agent, exposure would come by my books being in brick and mortar stores.  They could schedule me tours, set me up on talk shows.  Can I do that as an indie author?  Of course, it will just take time and a lot of promotion.  Sadly, I don't have excess amounts of time to make sure I'm promoting correctly.  I do what I can, when I can.  And, technically, having an agent doesn't necessarily guarantee that I will become a world-famous author.  Publishing is such a fickle business.

So why the difference this time?  First of all, I can't spend my time dwelling on things that could/might be.  If an agent doesn't want it, there are other options.  Secondly, I'm working on another very exciting project right now, and that's consumed a lot of my time.  To be honest, I sometimes forget how many queries I have out there until I look.

Maybe one day I'll finally achieve me dream.  Until then, I've got to keep plugging along and spend my time in a constructive manner.




Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)