Meet An Author Tuesday

Today's guest is Cher Green, born in Tennessee, lives in South Carolina with her significant other and her two feline companions. She writes in many genres, spanning from horror to romance, usually with a touch of paranormal. Her recent publications include short stories featured at Spinetinglers and Untied Shoelaces of the Mind, and two paranormal romance novellas at eTreasures Publishing. For more information on this author, visit: http://www.chergreen.com or http://www.chergreen.blogspot.com/.




Constance Spenser, an aspiring witch, is no ordinary woman, and neither are her problems. Unhappy in her life, she seeks knowledge of the spiritual side of life, but what she finds is another world, a world where she has no place. She must gain the council’s trust and discover a way home, but in her attempt she finds herself falling for the enemy. Can she survive long enough to discover her destiny?


Lawrence Wilder, a member of an evil council, wants to break free, but one doesn’t walk away from the council alive. When a witch falls from the sky, hope returns to his life, and to his surprise love. In his world, together they cannot survive. Can he save them both, or will one have to be sacrifice for the other to live?

You can order the book here.
Q) What inspired you to write this story?
Escape to Love began with an anthology call for Dark Brides. I started with the prompt of a woman who finds love in an unusual way. My character needed to be paranormal related and with everything else which came up during my free-writing, Constance became an aspiring witch who accidentally opens a portal to another time. Swept back in time, she finds her destined path and love. Shifting from the viewpoint of my main character, Constance, and Lawrence, member of a council determined to rid the town of witchery, a wonderful story was dug from the pits of my mind. Writing this story turned into an extraordinary adventure. (Escape to Love, in the end, appeared in the Sweethearts in Bloom Anthology. This opened up the Dark Brides Anthology for a second submission, Seduced by Darkness, published a few months later.) Both available through eTreasures Publishing.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
For this one, it took me a little over a month to create, write and edit. This isn't the normal pace. It usually takes me longer to pull the pieces together. Escape to Love flowed from my mind to the page. This story is and probably always will be one of my favorite accomplishments.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
Well, I'd say I have two favorites. First is the creation period. The brainstorming and developing of the first seed of thought is the most amazing thing. It's why I am a writer. The second would be the polishing. I say polishing instead of editing because the first initial editing sessions are a lot of hard work, and you are tackling more than one issue. The final polish is more about making sure the words flow and produce the images you desire.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
One simple word, plotting. The process of setting everything into the right place and making sure what's in your head makes it onto paper. I'm ideally a pantser, but when I get into longer works there is a need to know where I'm going. If not, I may end up moving from the story line in such a direction that I find myself writing a second story with the same characters. This may not be so for others, but when I get going if I don't have a road map of some degree, I'll end up going south rather than the planned north.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
Stephen King, hands down, although not for the reason most would suspect. Fame and fortune are wonderful things, but can you imagine being able to experience life through the eyes and mind of this man. To experience his thoughts, for only a moment, could have devastating consequences, but I'd take the chance just to see how the characters live in his mind.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
I don't have anything interesting for this question. I keep my fridge cleaned out for the most part, so nothing out of date or molded. I'd say the oldest would be the butter.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
I have many projects in the works, but not sure when one will be complete. I'm participating in National Novel Writing Month. My project for this is a thriller about a woman who discovers a child's body and quickly becomes the target of the killer. She must fight to survive as past issues flow to the surface, the killer's interest puts others' lives in danger, and she falls for the man determined to protect her.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)