This Week in Writing

Oh, thank goodness it's finally Friday!  This week has been so very long.  I'm definitely looking forward to an extended weekend and being lazy.  The week has improved slightly, I didn't injure myself again, but it would be best if I can just put it behind me.

I've made pretty good progress on my latest novel.  I'm on chapter 11.  I think this baby is going to turn into a huge book.  I'm telling the story from three different perspectives, and each character needs their own story arc.  It's been an interesting challenge, and my biggest to date, so I'm interested to see how it will turn out.  I have no idea how long it will take me to get done or how long it will be when I'm finished.  It'll get there when it gets there.  Don't worry, though, I'll keep you informed of my progress.


The other night, the boys were telling stories about dinosaurs and informing me about how they became extinct.  I heard all about a volcano and how lava destroyed the plants so the dinosaurs didn't have any food, then they explained how a meteor from space came down and that's what caused the volcano to explode and the lava to flow and then the dinosaurs couldn't breathe the air. 

From there, the conversation changed to how the boys have never seen a dinosaur, and I pointed out that they've been to the Geological Museum on campus, so they've seen dinosaur bones.

"Yeah," the 5 year old says, "but I've never seen a real dinosaur."

"Um," I responded.  "I don't think you'd want to see a real one."

"If a T Rex was right there," the 3 year old pointed behind him in the living room, "I would feed it some meat."

The 5 year old chuckled and said, "If a T Rex was right there, I don't think it would eat the meat.  It would set its sights on you.  You're meat."  He looked at me and nodded.  "People are meat.  Dinosaurs would like us."

"And chicken?" the 3 year old asked.

Both the 5 year old and I burst out laughing.  Of course they'd like chicken!  After humans, it's the other white meat! 

Hope your weekend is fabulous and you learn something new!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)