This Week in Writing

I'm stuck on chapter 13 of the dragon story. I had half a day on Monday, so I got a lot of work done. The story was flowing, the characters took me where they needed to go, chapter 12 ended great, then I got stuck. How to start chapter 13? What happens next? I started the chapter, I'm about two pages in, but I'm not sure it's the right direction. I'm going to muddle through and worry about editing it later. Now, I just need some time. I wish I could take half a day off every day!

I got an email from the nonfiction editor with a schedule. Looks like they are working on a July release. Squee! It's actually coming to fruition! I know July seems like forever away, but it'll be here before you know it. I know it'll be here before I know it. I can't believe it's almost March. I had plans to get so many things done...

I guess if the world doesn't end in December, I'll have the rest of my life to worry about it!


Earlier this week the family and I were watching Wipeout. It's one of our favorite shows. The 4 year old really enjoys it. What's funnier than watching people get hurt?

Anyway, the announcers try to add some humor into the show while the contestants are running the gauntlet of pain. One girl was wearing a short skirt, so they decided to put a censored sign over her bum. In reality, I don't think she was exposing anything, but it made it funny.

At one point, she gets knocked off the obstacle she was on and splashes into the water. We all laugh, and the 4 year old gets really serious.

"Oh, no," he says. "She got her sign wet." Referring to the censored sign on her butt.

My spouse and I lost it! The 4 year old didn't care that the girl may have seriously injured herself (she didn't), but he was upset that her sign would get wet. Kids truly do say the darndest things!

Hope you have a fabulous weekend, and keep your signs out of the water!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)