Movie Review Monday

Outpost (2008)

This was one of those movies that Netflix suggested I would like since I like zombie movies. The description sounded interesting, so I put it in my queue.

One of the other reasons I choose to put this on my list was because Ray Stevenson is in it. I really like him. Ever since I first saw him in HBO's Rome, I've been fascinated. His character in that show was awesome! There's a bit of a crush there, too.

One of the other actors in the movie, Richard Brake, I've always imagined to be a great Liet if my book was ever made into a movie. Sadly, he's a bit too old. And I highly doubt my book will ever be made into a movie!

The story is about a group of mercenaries who are accompanying a shady businessman to an abandoned military outpost in the woods. As the movie progresses, the audience realizes something nefarious happened in the bunkers. Nazis conducted bizarre experiments there, and the subjects might still be lingering around.

Honestly, I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to this movie. I was anxious to finish a chapter, so I was writing at the same time. I don't think I missed much. There were some Nazi zombies, but they were as cool as the ones in Dead Snow. There were some interesting scenes that could be creepy (I don't scare easily, so I wasn't creeped out by them), and some blood and gore, though not a lot. How they destroyed the "zombies" was a bit confusing, but I might have understood more if I actually watched the film.

I highly doubt I'll watch the film again. It obviously couldn't hold my attention. Has anyone else seen this movie?
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)