It Only Takes One YES!

To make you think, "Really? Are you sure? Did you actually read the proposal?"

TWO yeses and you're pretty sure Hell has frozen over and somewhere in the world pigs are flying.

This is what happened to me two weeks ago. I was waiting for the five final responses, then I was honestly going to let my nonfiction book rot on my flash drive. Then, the first publisher said they liked it. Being the cynic that I am, I was a little skeptical, but I was also a little excited. Finally! Someone wants my book.

My proposal was still under consideration with another publisher, so I did the courteous thing and gave them the chance to pass or accept. Well, they accepted it. I was shocked! Again, the thought of "Really? Did you actually read the sample chapters?" crossed my mind.

To be honest, the whole experience was completely overwhelming. There were pros and cons of being published by both companies, and I had to weigh my options of which was going to be the best fit for me. I annoyed the crap out of my friends and spouse, had a freak out, and spent a week making my decision.

After making my decision, I felt so much better, and I was actually excited. I had the chance to step back and think, "TWO! TWO publishers wanted my book!" How freaking cool is that? This was the book I was ready to give up on, the book I wasn't even going to finish, and TWO people were interested in it. This was, of course, after 30+ rejections. But those TWO yeses changed all of that!

I know I have more edits coming my way, but it won't be for a few months. I'm going to sit back and relish the fact that the book actually has a publisher! Here are the links to the publishers so you can check them out.

Midnight Marquee Press

Scarecrow Press
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)