I'm having a crisis of writing. It's like a crisis of faith, but there aren't any gods involved. I keep starting new projects, but haven't finished any of them. Part of the reason is because there is going to be life-changing events occurring in the next couple of weeks and I have a lot on my mind. The other part of the reason is because I've lost my confidence.

Rejections in and of themselves don't bother me. They're part of the game. But after receiving so many over a length of time, they start to wear on you. Everyone always says that publishing is subjective, but after 49 (I received a rejection on Friday) agents telling you NO, you start to wonder if maybe it's you. You scrutinize your writing, wondering what you could have done better. You blame the market and think that any day now fiction will make a comeback. You think that maybe if you quit, no one will miss you anyway. You start getting a little depressed.

I went through the same thing with my first novel, and I'll bounce back, but I think I need to take a little time off.

On a completely unrelated note: I was watching Destination Truth last week, and I was so excited to see that Josh carries a machete! I always worried that he didn't have any protection against the REAL threats in the places he went, but now I know. I slept like a baby!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)