I am not a very patient person. Ask anyone who knows me. If you use my name and "patience" in a sentence, they will just laugh. When it comes to agents, though, I think I do pretty well. I know it is going to take a while, so I try to keep busy. I do start to get a little antsy after a month, but I refrain from sending emails (unless they tell me to). BUT, when they say they are going to get back to me after a certain amount of time and they don't, I get a little frustrated. I know I shouldn't because they are busy, but there is something to be said about sticking to your word.

What does this have to do with anything? I hear you asking. Well, let me tell you. As you may or may not recall, I had a nonfiction book in the works. I had been waiting and waiting to hear back from the editor, and it took months before I finally did. In their email, they said they would be getting back to me in the next week to let me know about their decision. It's been over a month. I have come to the conclusion that they have rejected the idea, which is fine, and I sent an email yesterday to confirm this. I haven't heard anything back and, honestly, I don't really expect to. It frustrates me because they were so helpful in the beginning of the process, sending me letters with suggestions of how to make my book better, then nothing. I don't expect them to hold my hand through the process, but it would be nice to know if I should be working on the damn book!

Also, my zombie novel has been under consideration for 160 days with the publisher. After sending 2 emails to check on the status, they finally wrote me back. I sent them another email to let them know that the basic structure of the book has changed and see if they wanted to see the new version, but I haven't heard anything back. Granted, it was only a week ago, but this is kind of important. I mean, do they want to see the new version or do they want me to withdraw my submission all together? It would be nice to know for both of our sakes so neither one has to waste anymore time!

I know I shouldn't let this get to me. I know I should just be patient, but it's really, really hard. I guess I just need to take a deep breath, align my chakras, and continue to wait.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)