Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Aaack! I am driving myself crazy! I have sent out ten queries, and I am impatiently awaiting a reply. I am definitely one of those people who likes instant gratification, and it's hard for me to wait. I keep thinking, maybe if I send out another one, I'll get a response. Has that worked? No. So, to take my mind off the waiting, I've decided to work on a short story. Then, when I'm done with that, I'm going to write a novella. Then, after that, I'm going to work on a fantasy story. Gosh, I really hope I hear something before I get to my fantasy story!

2 comments:

Ladyluck said...

Hi Pembroke-

Your posts remind me of my own life, but I have not yet taken to sending out so many queries to agents. It't the next step for me and I've compiled a list.

I've had a short story published by a non-profit organization, about to submit my second one to an annual collection in my region (Northern California Sierra Nevada) and have had magazine articles published. I also have a business column in the local paper.

I started blogging about a year ago as a way of honing my essays. Until recently nobody commented on my posts and when I saw all of your "0 comments) I felt sad! Your posts about waiting and waiting and the anticipation and the anticipation reminded me of fishing: I love it,though rarely make time for it anymore. However, the anticipation I used to feel was worth the hours of waiting for a nibble.

Anyway, I find you "still waiting" posts very entertaining. Best of luck to you.

Pembroke Sinclair said...

Ladyluck,

Thank you very much for taking sympathy on me! I wasn't sure that anyone out there even read my blog! I'm glad my misery entertains you! :)

I wish you the best of luck when you start sending out your queries. This is the second time I've done it, and it is no picnic. You have to have thick skin and be very persistant. Let me know how it goes!