Healing Takes Time

It hasn’t been a secret that last year was incredibly difficult for me. I went through a lot with anxiety and depression. At the beginning of this year, I was looking for and finding ways to get through and cope. But with anything in life, no plan is fool proof.

One of the things that makes us human is our ability to feel. We have such a huge range of emotions, and they impact how we face our day and what we think about ourselves. Some days we are on top of the world, others we want to hide from it, and on some occasions we want to burn it down.

All of these are normal and okay to feel. We have to have the bad to know when things are good. We have to be angry to know what will make us smile. We have to have sad to know what will make us happy.

The journey I’m on isn’t an easy one. There are a lot of ups and downs, twists and turns, good and bad emotions. Everyone goes through this in life. The true test is how we come out on the other side. Sometimes, it doesn’t feel like there will be another side.

I’ve gotten a lot of coping skills in the past year, and I think I’ve done a great job of figuring out who I am and how to get through challenges. But it’s still a learning process. There are still things that can knock me down, and I have to figure out how to pull myself back up. It’s hard. It takes time.

No one heals in a day, no matter what the injury. Sometimes, it runs so deep, a person may not heal at all, but they learn to live with the scar. I’m still trying to figure out how to live. I’m still working on my sh*t. I show up everyday and do the best I can. Some days are much harder than others.

I hope for all you struggling through your own issues, you continue to show up every day and do the best that you can.  Know that I sympathize with you, that I know how challenging each day can be. I see you. I’m right there with you. We’ve got this!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)