Stepping Back to Re-evaluate Life

Every so often in life, there are moments that are overwhelming and stressful. They can be a short moments or they can last longer than expected. They can be kind of debilitating, or they can totally knock you down for the count. My most recent episode was the latter.

I won’t go into details about what happened, but know that it took a toll. I lost my desire and passion to do a lot of things, including keeping up with social media and writing this blog. Some days I was lucky to crawl out of bed and make it to work. I felt like a husk of a person. I wasn’t even writing novels during that time. I had no energy and was physically and emotionally drained.

I wouldn’t say that I’m completely over the episode, but there’s a light at the end of the tunnel. I often go back through this blog and look at posts I’ve made in the past, and I’ve noticed a pattern of ups and downs, moments of energy and times of no energy. I’m not sure being creative means that I experience these more than other people. I think it just has to do with life. I’m able to track it because I have a record of it online.

I’ve slowly been getting some of my passions and desires back, including writing. While it’s still slow going, I’ve been working on the third book in the Saving Humanity series (book 2, Edge of Humanity, is coming out this fall). It feels good. I feel almost like my former self. With time, it’s possible I will get back to my regular schedule and find the energy and time to engage in my hobbies and interests. But then again, maybe I won’t. Either way, I’m okay with whatever happens. I’ve been doing a lot of soul searching and figuring things out, and I’ve discovered that some things aren’t as important to me as they used to be.

Life’s a journey, and we all change while walking its path. This is neither a good or bad thing, it’s just a thing. We can’t stay stagnant or we get left behind. Whatever comes of this will be what needs to come of it. Until that happens, I’ll keep trudging slowly along and attempt to get back to writing.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)