Wednesday, January 20, 2016

The Obsession Continues…and it has Sparked Inspiration

As many of you know, I am obsessed with zombies. I love to read about them, watch them in movies/TV shows, and write about them—both fiction and nonfiction. My snowmobile is adorned with the undead, I give presentations and workshops about them, and my boys and I are always making plans on how to survive the uprising.


I started watching Z Nation last week, and I can’t get enough of it! I’ve tweeted about it and done another blog post, so it’s not a secret that I really, really like the show. I’m flabbergasted that I waited so long to start watching it.

How many of you wonderful readers out there watch it? What do you think?

I won’t go into details about how much I love it because I kind of did that here. Plus, I need to get further through season 1, then I’ll write more about it. But I do want to say this: watching the show has been a huge inspiration.

I’ve been working on a new young adult zombie novel (still untitled), but I haven’t been working on it very hard. I’ll do a chapter or less every once in a while. But watching Z Nation has encouraged me to work on it more. It has rekindled my love of the undead and pushed my imagination into overdrive.

I love it when this type of encouragement hits. I love it when the fires of my obsession are stoked. I love being reminded that there are people out there like me who also enjoy zombies and are ready to devour anything that comes their way.

10 comments:

Seadon said...

I enjoy watching Z Nation. Sometimes it can get a lot "out there". Depending on what they're doing, it can be good other times, I sit here and shake my head in total disbelief. It's always entertaining. I love the concept they came up with. Murphy is always good for a laugh. When they first started out, I wasn't sure if I was going to like it because it seemed like they were doing a lot of copying of ideas from The Walking Dead. Now I'm totally hooked! :)


Sally

Pembroke Sinclair said...

Seadon, I think the "out there" aspects are what make it so enjoyable. I agree on the mirroring of The Walking Dead, but I think it has grown into its own series with its own issues, and I really like it!

Seadon said...

I agree that it has grown into it's own. I've definitely not been seeing nearly as much TWD reflected in there this last season. Can't wait to see what's in store next season. :)

Pembroke Sinclair said...

I'm still making my way through season 1. I've seen one episode from season 2, so I'm excited to dive in and watch them all!

Seadon said...

It will absolutely entertain you. There are so many twists and turns that your head spins! That's all I'm going to say. :)

Pembroke Sinclair said...

I'm looking forward to it. I figured I would like it when I saw the one episode, but I also knew I had to watch it from the beginning so I knew who the characters were and what their stories are. I haven't been disappointed yet!

Seadon said...

I wasn't too sure about it at the beginning, but with it being a zombie show, I had to give it a chance. It was a lot different from anything I'd ever seen, but that's what kept me coming back. :)

Pembroke Sinclair said...

Absolutely! I was hooked from the very beginning. It actually gives me the feels! I was very surprised by that.

Seadon said...

TWD is still my favorite though! :)

Pembroke Sinclair said...

Of course it is!