Devoted by Emery Skye‏


Gemini Emery is a horse trainer living in Colorado with two yappy dogs and a few quirky horses.

She gradated from Regis University with a BS in Business Administration and a minor in philosophy.

A life-long reader, Emery has always had a special affection for the urban fantasy and paranormal romance realms.

When not riding horses or writing she actively searches for adventure and, as such, partakes in archery, skydiving, and shooting. In her downtime she reads until her vision blurs, writes, hikes, spends time with family and drinks an excessive amount of chai and coffee.

Devoted is her first novel.

www.Emeryskye.com
@Emeryskye
www.facebook.com/EmerySkye4
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Emery-Skye/603636976320736


“Her world, her mission…is about to change. What do you choose when your blood is on the line.”

A world where your life is a mission and to succeed you must have resolute devotion to duty.

Seventeen-year-old Anna Hasdiel is a noviate at Hope Academy, a secret school for young angels where she and her sister, Amalie, train to become Warrior Legites with the duty of protecting humans from Demons for the Legion United.

Anna's devoted to the angelic cause.

She's always known she would be a Warrior for the Legion. Her world is about to change.

Noviates have been disappearing from Angel Academies around the world. No one knows why. They just hope they won’t be next.

The Powers send in Legite Nathaniel Deror for protection. Legite Deror is strong, fierce and mysterious. He seems to have it in for Anna one second and the next he’s rescuing her. He makes her feel things she shouldn’t.

They must travel to the home of the fallen Archangel Lucifer, where they will fight past a host of deadly enemies. Where do loyalties lay?

She never planned for this. She never planned for him.


Amazon Kindle
Amazon Print

Q) What inspired you to write this story?
I had always written stories. I’m not exactly sure what inspired this one aside from questions I was dealing with at the time and the relationship I have with my sister. I was deep in my philosophy classes at Regis, my then-fiance was considering joining the military, and my relationship with my sister was on rocky ground. I think these three things played a huge role in writing Devoted (An Angel Academy Novel).

Q) How long did it take you to write?
The first draft of Devoted (with the exception of the last chapter) took my fourteen days to write. The last chapter took me a year to get write.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
Drifting into a different world. There’s a line between creating the story and writing the story. When I cross the line and write the story that’s the point where the characters tell their story and I’m just the conduit used to sharing it with the world.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
When I take too much time thinking about what I’m writing that it starts to become forced.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
If I could be a famous person for a day it would have to be Amelia Earhart. She was the first woman who flew across the Atlantic and by doing so she opened doors and lifted women’s courage to do great things

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
Yikes. The pickles and I’m pretty sure they’re a month old, but I just threw it away!

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
More books and better writing. The awesome thing about being a writer is the opportunity to always improve and tell the many stories that float around in my mind.

Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)