Two in the Afternoon by Cora Cade‏


Nestled away in a small town in Ohio, I spend my days adding delicious books to my library, snuggling with my four rotten dogs, and debating the finer points of life with the dear husband.

When I'm not tucked away with a book you can be find me tapping away at my laptop. With coffee. And my iPod.

FB
Website
GR


When it comes to hand-to-heart combat, no hold is barred.

Molly Ryan survived one attack, and she’s not about to be a sitting duck for another. With her attacker harassing her from his jail cell, she packs up her life in Chicago, follows her Delta Force brother to North Carolina and gets work in a pub.

Men in uniform are definitely off her menu, but her boss’s friend, Army Ranger Callum Eversman, is one hot hunk she’d like to sample.

Home on a two-week furlough, Cal has agreed to watch over Molly as a favor to fellow Ranger Noah Harper. Accomplishing his mission without her noticing? That’s going to be tough, as any idiot can see their sparks of attraction from a mile away.

Despite her hands-off-military-men policy, Molly is tempted to indulge, just this once, in a no-strings-attached fling. No dating, no kissy face, no hearts involved. But when her past threatens her future, there’s only one man to turn to. The one who’ll risk everything—body, heart, and soul—to protect her.


Available at the Samhain Store

Q) What inspired you to write this story?
A) TWO IN THE AFTERNOON is the second book in my A Day of Pleasure series, so I had introduced our heroine in book one. Initially Molly was scheduled to be book three, but she's kind of bossy. Book two it was. And once our hero entered the picture, I knew it was the right call. Cal is a no nonsense Army Ranger in town for two weeks and everything Molly didn't want in her life.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
A) Well, the actual writing took about nine months, but the editing process adds a few to that. So, to ballpark it I'd say a good twelve months.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
A) I am a solid introvert. By day I'm an HR Administrator and there is absolutely nothing about the day job that allows me any peace and quiet. Writing allows me to balance out the strict and very non-creative aspects of my day to day life. I love words and I love crafting them into stories. It's really that simple. And that hard.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
A) Is it fair to say traveling? Because I look forward to conferences and events, but I always have a moment of sheer panic beforehand where I just want to stay home and drink coffee. So, the thing I like least, I also enjoy once I get over myself. I'm fortunate to have a solid support system, so when I'm ready to throw my hands up, I've got someone ready to push me out the door. Or bring me drinks at my very first book signing. Good friends are invaluable in this writing process.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?

A) In keeping with my introverted personality, I don't necessarily want to be anyone else. But I do totally want to hang out with some awesome people. On my last visit it was Alex Minsky (Google that man- he's adorable), but this time I'm going to vote for Ed Sheeran. I'm a massive music lover and have a playlist for each book. Ed is frequently on my playlists and I listen to his albums in excess. Oh, and he's a heavily inked ginger with enough talent for ten people. Why wouldn't I want to hang with him for a day? I would totally love to have a drink with him at a pub and possibly visit a tattoo parlor together.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
A) Last time I was here, I couldn't answer this question because I don't cook or even really bother with the kitchen. My hubs takes care of all food related needs and doesn't even allow me to put groceries away, because I do it wrong. But we recently had an electrical storm here in the wilds of Ohio and our fridge got fried. And now that it's been replaced, everything in it is new! So, the oldest thing in my fridge is about two weeks old.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
A) I'm currently writing book three in the series and hope to see that out next year. As soon as I finish Chris and Lainey's story, I'll be jumping into a stand-alone featuring Molly's brother Gabe. We meet him in TWO IN THE AFTERNOON and I'm very excited for his story. Oh, and since we've discussed Alex Minsky (above), you should know he's the muse for Gabe. If you know Alex or know his story, you might get a little hint at what Gabe will be dealing with in his book!

As a special thank you to readers, I'm offering a 30% off discount on TWO IN THE AFTERNOON. You can visit the Samhain Store here http://tinyurl.com/mrkmnwo and use the code CCADE2PM14. The discount is good from August 1 through October 31, 2014 on TWO IN THE AFTERNOON only. For more details you can visit my website here: http://www.coracade.com/

Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)