Parricide by S. Briones Lim‏


Thanks to her Mom's unwavering devotion to read a bedtime story to her every single night throughout her childhood years, S. BRIONES LIM's love for books began before she could even speak.

Raised in Southern California, Author S. Briones Lim initially dreamt of becoming an artist and/or Book Author. A Psychology Degree (Summa cum Laude), a stint in Art School, and a career in Advertising/Media later, she is finally delving back into her first love - books. As a self-renowned bookworm, S. Briones Lim’s love for books has inspired her to pen her own novels and hopes her readers will fall in love with her stories as much as she enjoyed writing them.

Author of the Life Force Trilogy, S. Briones Lim's other obsessions include time with family, POPCORN, watching movies and her pug, Tobi. She currently lives on the East Coast with her husband and continues to write every day.

Blog
Facebook Page
Goodreads 


Stanley Heckley’s world was torn apart the night his wife and infant daughter were murdered by his wife’s ex-lover, James Gandy. Left with no family to call his own, Stanley is consumed with rage and thirsts to exact revenge in the only way he thinks is fair – to kill Gandy’s entire bloodline.

Unfortunately for Stanley, his timid personality and good conscience makes killing a difficult task to accomplish.

Tormented by his inability to avenge his family, Stanley seeks the help of a distant acquaintance known simply as the vampire, Geoff. Touched by Stanley’s plight, Geoff takes it upon himself to give Stanley a thirst for blood and the talent to kill. As a newly turned vampire, Stanley joins Geoff on a complex mission of murder and vengeance as they hunt each member of the Gandy family one by one, wiping the entire bloodline from existence.

Or so they thought.

Over a century later, Stanley learns that a dire mistake has left one Gandy alive. Once again faced with the monsters of his past, Stanley finds himself returning to his hometown of Meyers to hunt the remaining descendant, Amanda. From the get-go, Stanley’s mission is plagued with many obstacles including a new henchman for Geoff, a ghost of a young, sadistic girl, and the fact that Amanda looks remarkably like his late wife. For this member of the undead, hunting the final Gandy may just be the death of him.


Add it to your Goodreads shelf.

Q) What inspired you to write this story? 
My husband actually gave me the idea. We were in the middle of watching True Blood, when he turned and asked me, “Why hasn’t anyone done a story where a vampire kills an entire bloodline?” Well, I decided to be that person and thus, Parricide was born!

Q) How long did it take you to write? 
 It took me a few months to write. I wanted the story to be believable, dark and jarring. It was a bit of an emotional experience putting myself in the mindset of the characters, and because of that I took my time penning it.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing? 
I often have different stories swimming around in my head. It is very satisfying to put those thoughts onto paper and to see your ideas in physical form.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing? 
Me, haha. I’m my own worst critic and often I’m a bit too hard on myself. Sometimes I wish I could just shut up that part of my brain that is always telling me that my story isn’t good enough.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why? 
Probably anyone on Teen Wolf! I love that show and I’d love to get the script to see what happens before the episode even comes out!

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it? 
My husband and I are a bit behind on grocery shopping, so it could be a number of things.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future? 
SILVER (the final installment of the Life Force Trilogy) will be released by the end of March. I am also finishing up a werewolf novel (Urban Fantasy) and a New Adult novel.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)