Movie Review Monday

Before I tell you about the movie I watched, I wanted to let you know that I singed up for Kindlegraph.  If you don't know what that is, it's a way for me to "sign" the Kindle versions of my books.  Right now, I only have Life After the Undead on there, but I plan on adding the others shortly.  Check it out if you get the chance!

Sherlock Holmes:  Game of Shadows (2011)

What is not to like about this movie?  It has everything:  eye candy, explosions, fight scenes, a plot, and wonderful twists.  I enjoyed it immensely.

The film picks up where the first one left off, with Holmes going after his arch enemy, Professor James Moriarty.  The banter between the two was great, and the twists were fantastic.  It was a Guy Ritchie film, so you know there were tons of surprises in it.

The one thing I could have lived without were the slow-motion scenes.  I get how they are supposed to be artsy and bring you deeper into the action, but I found them distracting.   Really, what did they do to further the storyline?  The film probably could have been cut down by half an hour if they took those out (it was over 2 hours long!), and it still would have been interesting.

The other characters were fantastic, too.  Jude Law is awesome.  He and Robert Downey Jr. have such great chemistry on screen.  I highly recommend this film.  Even if you don't know anything about Sherlock Holmes, it's still a great story with fantastic action sequences!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)