This Week in Writing

I started chapter 6 of my dragon story. I've finally got a schedule down, so things are going well. I started working on this story on a weekend, when it was just me and the boys, so it began with a pen and a notebook. It's a lot easier to do it on paper when it's me and the kids because dropping paper in an emergency isn't as detrimental as dropping a computer.

I thought it might be fun to write the whole novel out, see how it went (that's how I used to do it back in the day). I was about halfway through chapter 5 when I decided it wasn't fun anymore. My wrist hurt and my finger was cramping. I typed up the material I had, then started work on the new chapter. Let me tell you, it's a lot easier typing. Although, I will still hand write when it's just me and the boys!

I'm almost done with my current editing assignment. While that's with the author, I plan on focusing solely on the dragon story. I've been thinking about some short stories, but nothing is screaming to be written. I'm going to enjoy the silence of the voices and work on one story for a while.


A couple weeks ago, the boys decided they wanted to go to the Dollar Store. We walked down the toy aisle, and they oohed and aahed over everything. The 4 year old found what he wanted pretty quickly, but the 2 year old took his time. He walked to the girl's side and picked up a fairy doll.

"Me want that," he said.

His brother walked up to him. "That's a girl's toy. You don't want a girl's toy."

"Yeah. Me want that."

I didn't care. It was his money, he could get whatever he wanted.

"Why?" his bother inquired.

"She has a butt," was the 2 year old's response.

Oh, crap! I thought. Someone save me now!

In the end, he decided on something else, but at least he knows that girls have butts and can appreciate them. Have a great weekend!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)