Movie Review Monday

Before I get to my reviews, I wanted to point out some blogs that I was featured on this weekend. The first is at Tony-Paul, and he highlighted my video. If you go to his main page, then click on the Guest Video link, you'll find it.

The second is a review from my target audience. You can read it here. I was a little surprised to hear her say it was scary, but happy too. I never thought of my book as scary. That made me feel pretty good!

I had a lovely, relaxing weekend and was actually able to watch two movies!

The Change-up (2011)

I love Ryan Reynolds. He's so cute and funny. Jason Bateman is really good, too. This movie is about two friends who've known each other since grade school. One is a driven, determined family man, and the other is a screw up who sits around and smokes a lot of pot. One night, they go to a bar to watch a baseball game. While peeing in a fountain, they comment about how they want each other's lives, and they get switched.

The premise of the film is nothing new. The characters learn about each other, sympathize with each other's lives, and then want to go back to their own. There were some very touching parts in the movie, and it was also hilarious! Cliche or not, I laughed my butt off!

I would definitely recommend this one if you're looking for something upbeat and funny. Like I said, it has it's sentimental side, but the laughs pull you through until the end of the film.

Puss in Boots (2011)

I decided earlier in the week that the boys would enjoy seeing this movie. My plan was to go to the 2D version, but it only played once during the day, and it was during the football game. No matter. The 4 year old kept his glasses on for the 3D version and enjoyed it immensely. The 2 year old had some issues, but what can you expect? He still watched the film.

This movie was fabulous! Even my spouse chuckled, which takes some effort. The story was easy enough for the kids to follow, yet it had some inside jokes and references only adults would get. I love when cartoons do this. I love when they cater to the entire audience.

There was conflict and a scary monster, but it wasn't so scary that the kids were climbing the walls. In fact, the 4 year old didn't even climb out of his seat. He was transfixed. He mentioned later in the car that it was a little creepy, but he didn't have nightmares, so it didn't bother him.

The real-life cat quirks they gave the kitties were priceless! It made me want to buy a pair of boots for my cat, although I'm sure she would never wear them! I totally recommend this film, even if you don't have kids. It was incredibly funny and highly entertaining. We'll definitely own this when it comes out on bluray!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)